The NPD Group announced the winners of this year’s Global and European Toy Industry Performance Awards.
The awards were given to the manufacturers or licensees of Europe’s most popular toy properties by category, as well as the most successful toy property of the year, from the world’s leading toy maker, from the world’s top properties. of the world’s best-selling toys and toys, according to NPD’s Retail. Tracking service.
The winners are:
Best Winning Toy Property of the Year in Europe
- Nintendo (Super Mario and Mario Kart – Nintendo
Top winning toy properties in Europe by category
- Action Figures and Accessories – “Bakugan” by Spin Master
- Arts and Crafts – LEGO DOTS by The LEGO Group
- Building Sets – LEGO “Super Mario Bros” by the LEGO Group
- Dolls – Barbie by Mattel
- Games and Puzzles – “Harry Potter” by Warner Brothers
- Infant / Toddler / Preschool Toys – “Paw Patrol” by Spin Master
- Youth Electronics – Hatchimals by Spin Master
- Outdoor & Sports Toys – Nerf Fortnite by Hasbro
- Plush – “Star Wars” – Disney
- Vehicles – Mattel Hot Wheels
- Exploratory and other toys – Playmobil “Scooby Doo” by Playmobil
World’s Best Toy Manufacturer of the Year
Best Global Toy Property of the Year
World’s best-selling toy of the year
- Mattel Hot Wheels Singles 1/64 Assortment
“This year’s winners should be recognized not only for their great achievements and dedication to excellence, but also for their excellence during a particularly tumultuous time for manufacturers and retailers brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic. », Declared François Klipfel, president, toys, The NPD group. “Congratulations to all the winners. We wish you the best of luck in 2021.